Alas Rotas
¿Quieres reaccionar a este mensaje? Regístrate en el foro con unos pocos clics o inicia sesión para continuar.

DCS: World

4 participantes

Página 3 de 26. Precedente  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 14 ... 26  Siguiente

DCS: World - Página 3 Empty Re: DCS: World

Mensaje  Silver_Dragon Sáb 31 Ago 2013, 02:29

Noticia oficial de Belsimtek:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=112295
Dear users!

As some of you have probably heard by now, we are now in the final testing stage for our next product release: DCS: Mi-8MTV2 Magnificent Eight. Although we've been a little buried in a development rush, we are very excited to be able to share more about the product with you.

First things first – eye candy! Screenshots and videos are now starting to go public, so you should be seeing more of our Mi-8 over the next few days. Without further ado, here’s a sampling of some of the systems modeling, visuals, and audio you can expect from this wonderful model:

To give you a little more info about the product: as with the Huey, DCS: Mi-8MTV2 will feature “full real” flight and systems modeling as you’ve come to expect from DCS-level simulations. I think it’s safe to say that our Mi-8 will be as good as a virtual Mi-8 can possibly be and certainly will stand proud with the other great DCS helicopter modules, while perhaps raising the bar even a little higher in some areas (like cockpit sounds). The product will feature a 20 mission campaign by the creators of the Huey "UN Pilot" campaign, which was very well recieved by the community, and the normal set of features that will include training missions, single combat missions, and extensive documentation.

We need to be clear about the current completion state of the product as it goes into final testing prior to being made available for download as part of the pre-purchase open beta access. The Mi-8MTV2 module is currently at a somewhat earlier development stage than was the Huey at release. As I write this, we are still working on an English draft of the flight manual and translation of the campaign missions. What is already included is the Quickstart manual and some basic training lessons that will cover the start-up procedure, weapons fire, and a takeoff demo track. The flight model is essentially complete and passes muster with our very own senior Mi-8 pilot managing the project - PilotMi8. The damage model is still in progress. Weapons currently fully modeled include unguided rockets and three varieties of external gun pods. While I have no doubt our progress on completing these features will be very quick, we obivously understand some of you may wish to wait a until they are "in" before making your purchase.

We've also seen some concerns raised about our releasing of a second module before the first, the Huey, is final. There are internal reasons why this works best for us, like personnel workflow and finances, but there is also the simple fact that these two module share a lot of common ground and will share even more common features as they are developed, such as infantry and sling loads.

We look forward to your exploration of another great PC flight sim and are happy to be a part of the process! As always, thank you for your time and support!
DCS: World - Página 3 9746_628608190494406_162287427_n
DCS: World - Página 3 1149004_628608207161071_1994588918_n
DCS: World - Página 3 999456_628608197161072_1887101583_n
DCS: World - Página 3 1240624_628608233827735_1435777698_n
DCS: World - Página 3 1098481_628608237161068_1410699681_n
DCS: World - Página 3 1150863_628608247161067_2110399655_n
DCS: World - Página 3 1234698_628608290494396_536487964_n
DCS: World - Página 3 993995_628608283827730_1745703655_n
DCS: World - Página 3 1236128_628608297161062_473865744_n

Silver_Dragon

Mensaje  Silver_Dragon Dom 01 Sep 2013, 21:23

RRG Studios anuncia su proyecto: DCS WWII: Europe 1944

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=1855052#post1855052
RRG Studios announces an upcoming Kickstarter campaign for DCS WWII: Europe 1944, a start of an exciting new flight simulation series.

MOSCOW, Russia – September 1, 2013 - Legendary flight simulation designers Ilya Shevchenko, Igor Tishin, and Matt Wagner are excited to announce an upcoming Kickstarter campaign for a new WWII flight simulation being developed for the PC. DCS WWII: Europe 1944 is the start of an exciting new flight simulation series. Built by industry veterans at RRG Studios with the same approach that made famous flight sims of the past great, and in partnership with the experts at the Fighter Collection and Eagle Dynamics, the simulation aims to satisfy seasoned aces as well as attract new pilots to the genre.

DCS WWII: Europe 1944 will take the player to the skies over Western Europe at the height of WWII in 1944. Players will attack enemy ground vehicles in the famous P-47 Thunderbolt in the Battle of Falaise, or intercept waves of B-17 Flying Fortresses in their Messerschmitt Bf.109; or attempt to fend off incredible new Me.262 jet fighters in their suddenly slow and obsolete propeller-driven Spitfires.

With successful Kickstarter funding of stretch goals, the project will include more famous historical aircraft, such as the Lockheed P-38, de Havilland Mosquito, Messerschmitt Me.262, and even a flyable version of the Boeing B-17.

The simulation is based on the award-winning DCS engine used in such stellar products as DCS: P-51D Mustang and DCS: A-10C Warthog. DCS WWII: Europe 1944 will boast an all-new EDGE landscape engine, as well as many new and updated features.

As all simulations in the DCS line, DCS WWII titles will boast detailed recreations of famous WWII aircraft and meticulous modeling of individual aircraft systems. Combat missions over a huge game world painstakingly recreated from period maps will offer rich single-player experience recreating famous battles from both sides.

DCS WWII will also ship with advanced AI that recreates historical tactics and models pilots of varying skill levels, from bumbling rookies to merciless aces. Other features such as the dynamic weather and seasons, comprehensive training, robust multiplayer , a powerful mission and campaign editor, as well as a mission replay system, pilot log book, and other features will all add up to incredible player experience.

“With unparalleled attention to detail, our developers have decades of experience with aerial combat simulations,” said Ilya Shevchenko of RRG Studios. “We are famous for our ability to make our games fun while maintaining unwavering dedication to historical realism. We can do it because the relatively simple aircraft of the WWII era do not require extensive training, and nimble controls and simple weapons naturally lead to fast-paced close-quarters battles.“

“We want to open a new page in WWII combat simulations,” said Matt Wagner of Eagle Dynamics. “At the same time we strive to recapture everything that made the flight simulations of the past great, starting with a thick spiral-bound manual and comprehensive training, and ending with great free-for-all multiplayer. We want to keep creating the content that we enjoy creating and that our fans enjoy playing for years to come.”
The team intends for DCS WWII: Europe 1944 to act as the forerunner of a long-running DCS WWII simulation series covering all theaters of WWII, and expanding into other nearby conflicts, such as the Korean War.

In addition to industry-leading attention to detail, incredible graphics, unparalleled flight dynamics, and award-winning multiplayer, DCS WWII: Europe 1944 will also shop with an innovative distribution model. As the last major release in the DCS line, DCS World, DCS WWII will also be distributed via a free-to-play model. The full-featured core game will be available as a free download, allowing anyone to check out the game and its features. Additional modules containing new aircraft or new gameplay areas will be available as a separate purchase.

The free-to-play model allows a wider audience access the core game by, in essence, offering a free demo that allows anyone to try the game before they buy it. At the same time, the model accurately reflects immense development costs attached to historically accurate study sims.

The Kickstarter campaign for the title will launch on September 5th.

About RRG Studios

RRG Studios brings over 10 years of experience with WWII flight simulations to the table. Staffed with flight sim veterans that worked on the greatest WWII flight sim series of the 21st century, we literally wrote the book on the new generation of flight sims.

About Eagle Dynamics

Eagle Dynamics is the studio responsible for the biggest modern aviation sims of the past twenty years. In-house experts have industry-best experience with physics, avionics, ballistics, and all other components that go into making a successful flight simulation. Eagle Dynamics continues to redefine the genre and continuously sets the bar high with each new release.

About the Fighter Collection

The Fighter Collection is the company that manages Eagle Dynamics. It is based in Cambridge, England, and it operates Europe’s largest fleet of airworthy WWII aircraft. The Fighter Collection runs the annual Flying Legends airshow, giving us unprecedented access to the aircraft we simulate.

Silver_Dragon

Mensaje  Silver_Dragon Lun 02 Sep 2013, 18:47

Primeros detalles DCS: WW2:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1855106&postcount=521
Originally Posted by Blaze View Post
Re-read it.

DCS World is the core for all the DCS modules at the current moment. DCS: WWII will be another standalone core with the WWII modules and terrain. However, the content for both could be ported to each one like Luthier said. You could bring a B-17 over to DCSW or put an A-10 into DCSWWII if you so wished.
Correct
http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1855109&postcount=523

Originally Posted by -=MadCat=- View Post
So all the high detailed additions to DCS:WWII will still be available to plug into DCS:W if one so desires.
Sounds great, as I shortly wondered if the Dora might be the last WWII addition we see to DCS:W.

Great times lie ahead

Greetings
MadCat
Correct
http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1855126&postcount=532
Quote:
Originally Posted by sobek View Post
So what will then actually be the difference between WWII and World?
Time period. We figured it'd be a little weird to have A-10C strafing Panzers over Calais, or B-17s bombing modern-day Crimea.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkmater View Post
Yeah I thought the whole idea of world was to have one platform, that continually builds upon itself. Worlds not that old and already its being cut into parts and pieces.
Hopefully, AI advances and graphic advances are shared. Again the pure benefit of a single platform is the common advancement of all things connected to it.
It is a shared platform. There really isn't two separate branches of it from a development point of view, just end-user.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidRed View Post
cant wait for the kickstarter video...does a ETA already exist?
September 5th. We have a whole series of videos, interviews, etc.
http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1855144&postcount=540

Originally Posted by SmokeyTheLung View Post
Can't wait for more info on the initial WWII terrain. One big map? Or a bunch of mid sized maps? Either way, awesome!
We'll see how well we do with kickstarter. Core game will have one large Normandy terrain. If we hit stretch goals, we'll have more maps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cichlidfan View Post
I would imagine that will depend on the success of the Kickstarter.
Right. Less than a year from now, or a bit more time if we hit stretch goals.

Silver_Dragon

Mensaje  Silver_Dragon Lun 02 Sep 2013, 18:51

Mas detalles DCS: WW2

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1855435&postcount=642

Originally Posted by Double_D View Post
One question I think this might be sort of important..will we be allowed to place runways and camps into the mission editor..of our choice..meaning place remote airfields..and so on..let's say in my case allow to insert a " Ramitelli " airbase in Italy...just wondering...
We're not planning any changes to the mission editor for DCS WWII specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver_Dragon View Post
Other question. That product wil have a "free" base with DCS: World or need paid for them with the new theater?
The free base for DCS WWII will contain several flyable aircraft. The exact set depends on whether we hit Kickstarter stretch goals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by heinkill View Post
1. Is the kickstarter funding needed to fund the basic game, or just the extended content?
We can probably finish the basic game without the kickstarter, but it'll be a little less of everything, especially on the ground.

Basic kickstarter funding we're looking for will allow us to comfortably do everything we wish to do and have all the time that we need, which is the luxury I personally have never had in my entire career.

Quote:
2. What will be included in the free to pay version, versus the paid content?
Depends on stretch goals. We'll have the complete list published on the 5th.

Quote:
3. The emphasis on online play is clear, and the AI ambition also sounds encouraging, will the game feature the usual high quality DCS campaign style and structure? Will there be a campaign for each aircraft, or one campaign in which the user can fly multiple aircraft types?
There is no emphasis on online play! I myself am actually a primarily offline player. We are definitely planning extensive single-player with comprehensive, historical campaigns. There will be at least one campaign for each flyable aircraft in all stretch goals.

Quote:
4. The aircraft listed are the flyable aircraft?
The B-17 and Me.262 are not flyable in the basic version.

Quote:
5. Are there any non flyable AI only aircraft planned alongside these?
Yup.

Quote:
6. Usual questions about the flyable bombers - will the crew positions be mannable, will players be able to play a coop mission where they man different crew stations on the same aircraft?
Flyable bombers only show up in stretch goals. We are planning everything you're asking for.

Quote:
7. I know you would be very wary of setting a target date, but as this sim builds on the existing DCS World platform, it can't be five years into the future...any hints on a target release date?
Less than a year for the core game; a little more if we hit stretch goals.

Quote:
8. Do people who contribute to the kickstarter funding get any considerations regarding premium status eg early access to beta, access to special content, special status online etc
Yes, yes, and yes. Depending on your contribution level you may even directly contribute to in-game content, such as paintschemes, pilot appearance, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echo38 View Post
Hmm. That implies that one of the aircraft would be free ... else it would be "free to watch" rather than "free to play."
There will be several flyable aircraft in the free version.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smurfy1967 View Post
I`ll put cash into this a:when it works straight out of the box and b:when it contains everything stated on the box, my memory is capable of remembering Pacific Fighters and CloD which was dumped on an unsuspecting community in a clearly un-finished state.

So Mr Shevchenko what assurances can you give the community that this new project isn`t going to be a dud????
The reason we are doing a kickstarter is precisely this. I have never once in my career had enough time and money to develop the project as I wanted it. It was always a - "I need X dollars and Y months to build this." "OK, we'll give you 0.7X and Y-6 months, and if you don't do everything plus a few extra features, we're shutting you down."

I did not enjoy that, the team did not enjoy that, and the fans did not enjoy that.

I have absolutely no desire to go down that road again. I swore off flight sims altogether after the last fiasco. The fact that I am back means that I am hoping to turn a new page.

If you are asking for assurances though, of course I can't offer anything but words at this point. The initial release will be available free of charge though, so I really do not see what you have to lose when you try it out. Conversely, I see absolutely no reason to release a broken game for free, thus making no money initially and losing any chance of making any in the future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Python View Post
This is exciting news. Is this the end of Eagle Dynamics in house WW2 aircraft however? I was kind of hoping we'd at least get an Spitfire MK: 9 and an ME-109 to the same standard as the P51?
We have a symbiotic relationship with ED. In any case, final quality check is on them, not us. You should know them well enough to rest assured that they won't allow anyone to besmirch the DCS name with an inferior product.

Silver_Dragon

Mensaje  Silver_Dragon Lun 02 Sep 2013, 18:54

Mas información por Luthier:

Originally Posted by Charly_Owl View Post
Please tell me that multiplayer will be included!.
Multiplayer is definitely included in the project! We have a lot of ideas, and we even have some old colleagues that have lots of experience making multiplayer great, but this is one area where we're not making any concrete promises.

After we did all the thinking and planned things out on paper, we realized we were looking at a huge project of its own. We can't afford to plug it into the core Kickstarter tier because it more than doubles the money we'll need. We don't want to risk not reaching even the initial goal because of this. The basic tier is supposed to be basic, after all.

We can only start rehiring old friends and programming and designing away once we hit larger stretch goals, but there's another problem there. This is an entirely new codebase for our old programmers, and multiplayer is extremely hard to program and test and perfect. This is the riskiest component of the entire project with both time and budget. If we make hard kickstarter promises about multiplayer, we run the risk of sinking the entire project by not meeting them on time.

So we're not going to promise anything now, or list any multiplayer features in kickstarter. If we hit larger stretch goals, we will work away on expanding and improving multiplayer, but there is a chance that a large comprehensive multiplayer update won't be ready in time for the initial DCS WWII release.

Originally Posted by lighthaze View Post
Just a pinch of crew management (think B-17 Flying Fortress) would be absolutely amazing.
We're trying not to go feature creep on this project. This is definitely something we've thought about, but at this time we're trying to go lean. (NdT: Se refiere al multicrew, algo que es cuestión de ED)

Originally Posted by SiThSpAwN View Post
So FM goes through inspector Yo-Yo?
Yup. (NdT: Yo-Yo en el desarrollo de los aparatos, me doy con un canto en los dientes)

Originally Posted by Chivas View Post
Good to cya back Luthier. Since this is going to be a European Campaign that could include B17's, is there any chance the map will be large enough that the bombers will be able to takeoff/RTB from Britain or France. If not how big a map do you plan to build, and what are your thoughts on expanding the map for a realistic bombing campaign at a later date? I'm not a huge fan of the current DCS terrain, but I'm hoping the new EDGE graphic engine will allow you to develop an immersive WW2 terrain.
Making terrain in EDGE is kind of an interesting process.

It takes almost no time to define things like shorelines and elevation. But then making that terrain look good takes a tremendous effort. There are areas with coarse detail and areas with very fine detail. For example, our Pointe du Hoc is virtually one-for-one with all the bunkers, trenches, cliffs, bomb craters, etc. Just that one little triangle took several weeks to make. Conversely, some random piece of coastline or an out of the way village are done in a few minutes. They look generic and if you were to compare them to the real thing, you'd see lots of differences.

Then there are areas that aren't hand-built at all. They are intended as a background, something you see far off on the horizon while you fly over a more important area. If you were to take the time to fly over there, you'd see a barren landscape that isn't intended to be seen up close. In other sims this would be the area beyond the map edge that was not done at all; in EDGE we just define it so looking towards the map edge looks good.

So, what I'm saying is, at this time we've only defined Normandy as hand-built. (NdT: Osea, tienen normandia hecha YA con EDGE, Lo que no dice es lo grande que es el RESTO del mapa)

Originally Posted by =4c=Nikola View Post
As you said the aircraft will be able to insert into DCS World, but what about map, AI vehicles, ships, aircraft...? Can we plug all that in DCS World and make true sandbox or there will be some limitations?
I'm not sure if this can be done manually. We only discussed module compatibility, i.e. cross-plugging things we ourselves make to be compatible.

Originally Posted by leafer View Post
My first wish would be to see RRG dump the icons that act as objects on the map, and come up with a way to allow players to visually see the objects as they are, intuitively manipulate its orientation and move it around to the exact location we want on the map in DCS WWII mission editor. ED ain't gonna let us do it in theirs, so please make this a possibility. It is really frustrating having to go back and forth between in-game and ME a dozens of times just to move the vehicles around on a farp.
We don't have a budget for a mission builder programmer or artist.

If any changes are made to the editors, they'd have to be done by ED.

Originally Posted by MadTommy View Post
It all sounds rather over ambitious to me. I'd love to see this be achieved in single year. But i won't be holding my breath.
Lots of experienced people from another sim coming together to work in parallel. (NdT: no hay que ser muy listo para pensar de que simulador esta hablando)

It's also somewhat easier to make things now with the P-51 and Dora already done. When P-51 was being done, most of the systems had to be written from scratch. With something like a Bf.109 now, we can use a lot of P-51 code which speeds things up by a huge factor.

Originally Posted by Geronimo989 View Post
Do you guys have the permission to use aircraft models and textures from Cliffs of Dover? That could bring us early WW2 scenarios faster.
Originally Posted by Suchacz View Post
Imho they already have something WIP from their previous projects in their drawers
Nope. Not only do we not have permission, we are absolutely not going to reuse a single asset from any old project. We know that we will be challenged on every single thing that looks remotely similar and have to prove to the current copyright owner that we made everything from scratch. (NdT: Para mi esto es patada en la boca y VENGANZA!!!)

Silver_Dragon

Mensaje  Silver_Dragon Lun 02 Sep 2013, 19:05

Y esto sigue....

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1856209&postcount=821
Quote:
Originally Posted by HolyGrail_FxFactory View Post
" DCS WWII: Europe 1944 will boast an all-new EDGE landscape engine, as well as many new and updated features "
Oh , I thought they've said that WWII will feature a newer updated version of the game engine
Game engine includes a lot more than landscape. It consists of multiple modules. GUI, vehicles, aircraft, weather, etc. We're just taking the old landscape module and swapping it out for EDGE, but the rest is all the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadTommy View Post
Does RRG Studios have a website?
Not at this time.

There is an unpleasant issue that has to do with using the name of the old game series I've worked on. Can't really have a site that says "well we worked on something, but we can't tell you the name of the project or show any screenshots."

We'll have something once kickstarter hits. It'll only be about DCS WWII and the future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hegykc View Post
Since your team is a 3rd party developer, would it make DCS WWII world open for 4th party content?
If a team decides to make a study level plane, that's not on your list, would it be compatible with your world?
Anything that's compatible with DCS is compatible with DCS WWII by definition.

There are a lot of people already making WWII stuff in addition to ourselves. We'll need some sort of a plan for sharing things with 4th parties to make sure there are no parallel developments on one hand, and things are getting done on the other.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double_D View Post
Only Luthier1 hair dresser will know for sure...

I think now its best for him to fully explain..DCS/Luthier1 plans will be on it...
Guys, can you please stop fighting about the separate installs?

It's one thing to discuss it with me. I'll be glad to answer questions or entertain ideas. But it's absolutely pointless to get riled up and argue with each other.

Think about this not from the point of you of today, but five years from now. DCS WWII has grown to include Pacific, Mediterranean, Korea, I don't know. DCS World has Nevada, a whole bunch of other maps, and a huge line-up of new aircraft.

The number of fans that own the entire product line will number in the single digits.

But if we were to keep everything as a single install, then the number of people that have to download and keep content they never use would be huge!

Silver_Dragon

Mensaje  Silver_Dragon Lun 02 Sep 2013, 19:17

Traducción horripilante (google translator) del foro ruso de ED con mas información de Luthier:
http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1856185&postcount=12
Estoy lo siento chicos, me voy a mudar - divorcio, camiones, división de los bienes. En el nuevo sitio web no esté conectado, de manera que una complejidad comunicación. Responderemos a todos, pero con retrasos.

Cita:
Iniciado por Steam Ver Mensaje
1. ¿Qué tarjeta de tamaño están planeando lanzarlo en detalle y el historial de cumplimiento y la del lugar?
Cherbourg - Falaise -. Rouen sobre Detailing alta. En algunos lugares se juegan 1-a-1. Por ejemplo Pointe du Hoc se hace con todos los bunkers, trincheras, acantilados, cráteres de bombas. Cumple con asombrosa. Otros lugares importantes de la ciudad, los campos de batalla, también se copia el número. El resto de la tarjeta - la similitud en la media distancia. Pueblo de caminos en los lugares correctos, pero el promedio de las casas de la calle.

Cita:
2. ¿Cuántas horas de trabajo previsto para la creación de un combatiente de la tierra hasta que esté listo?
Demasiados crear modelos 3D en general para ungüentos, obtener la mano para hacer muy rápidamente. Sin embargo, la programación y las pruebas durante mucho tiempo, especialmente para los estándares de mis viejos proyectos. Estamos tratando de entender si podemos acelerar sin perder la calidad, ya que nos encontramos con el 3D. Así que alrededor de un año-hombre + un par de meses, dependiendo de la complejidad de los sistemas.

Cita:
3. Háblenos de DM.
Cómo Musa.

Cita:
4. ¿Cuántas personas en el equipo de desarrollo, que trabajan a tiempo completo?
Mientras que 9. Después de Kick creciendo, como resultado de ello.

Cita:
5. ¿Quién va a comunicarse con la comunidad?
Mua.

Cita:
6. Will actualización del viernes, o en algún otro formato?
Probablemente haré, pero Pipeline muy largo. Habrá muchas veces cuando en la feria tendrán nada que mostrar. "John sufrió toda la semana con el chasis y Messer no funcionaron, y Peter zateksturil armadura vuelve a dormir" - actualización no se ha especificado.

Cita:
7. ¿En qué ciudad está la oficina y un equipo de desarrolladores?
Los programadores están en Moscú, el núcleo del equipo de allí. También dispersos modeladores 3D - subcontratistas en todo el planeta.

Cita:
Iniciado por Elefant Ver Mensaje
Dime por favor, lo que está previsto bombarderos?
Neletab B-17 en el nivel 0. A-26, Mosquito, y la S-88 en las medidas más costosas. Lethaby B-17 a más tardar.

Cita:
Iniciado por Theo Ver Mensaje
Q: El
nuevo motor está previsto EDZH.
Disposición-ya sean árboles "materiales"?
Quiero decir, con colisiones? Pruebe estos momentos.

Cita:
Iniciado por lightningstrike Ver Mensaje
después Vagner dicho que él no tiene acceso a la información sobre EDZH que se desarrollan allí a algunos de los estudios Minsk, gracias a este anuncio, aunque no había un rayo de esperanza sobre EDZha! ahora, este Edzhe inesperada incluso capaz de producir cubo 3D o un triángulo? al menos puede ver una pantalla? si pesa círculo 3D en las nubes o soporte de decisiones en la hierba ...

El motor es un complejo de trabajo con pantallas quinto Normandía, casas, trincheras, búnkeres, estatuas, acantilados, el mar, los árboles y le di.

Silver_Dragon

Mensaje  Silver_Dragon Lun 02 Sep 2013, 19:27

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1856242&postcount=18
Originally Posted by podvoxx View Post
Terms of output alpha (for winter) will depend on the kick starter?
-------------
Alpha does not go anywhere, it is an internal boundary. Accessing supported the Kick starts with beta. And of course depends. If you reach the higher levels of funding means more work, then all the terms relegated.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1856245&postcount=19
Originally Posted by Elefant View Post
This is how to understand? Latest revision?
---------------
Kick works. If we collect $ 100, we'll give you that's so-and-so. If you collect 200, we'll give you another mosquito. Putting 300 - and then still be able to pull Yushku. I mean it.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1856238&postcount=832
Quote:
Originally Posted by cichlidfan View Post
Regarding the entirety of DCS World and DCS WWII, you might be right, but regarding the number of people who will own both core games, I suspect you are extremely underestimating your audience.
----------------
That's exactly what I said above

What happens if we release, say, a G4M Betty for DCS WWII. You already bought the F6F but you have no interest in the Betty so you don't buy it. What happens when you go online with someone who owns the Betty? You gotta be able to do it, right? So you've gotta see that Betty, right, just not fly it? And the Betty owner, if he never bought that F6F, has to be able to see you dive on him out of the sun for just a split second before he explodes, right?

Now extrapolate that to modern jets. See where I'm going with this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by droz View Post
Out of Curiosity, the P-51D and FW-190 Modules that are available for DCS, will those be incorporated into your DCS: WWII 1944?
-----------------
Of course! How can we possibly have 1944 Europe without a P-51!

Silver_Dragon

Mensaje  Silver_Dragon Miér 04 Sep 2013, 15:55

Segun la información aparecida en los foros de DCS:W. Belsimtek Mil Mi-8 podrá estar disponible hoy para descarga, si hay suerte.
----------------
http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1858203&postcount=42
Guys, for the Americas sale start 1.2.6. DCS: Mi-8MTV2 Magnificent Eight may be already today!

Silver_Dragon

Mensaje  Silver_Dragon Miér 04 Sep 2013, 16:25

A ver si hay suerte y podemos ver VEAO Hawk para noviembre, diciembre
http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1858206&postcount=445
You're welcome.
Our aim was always to have the module ready before the end of November ready for a pre Christmas release.
I'm getting together with the team after Duxford this weekend to see if the delay has pushed that back.
Ill update as soon as I can.

Silver_Dragon

Mensaje  Silver_Dragon Miér 04 Sep 2013, 16:25

Pues si, parece que se confirma lo del Mil Mi-8...
http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1858259&postcount=51
Exactly!
Upload install package to FTP started, but needs some time..

Silver_Dragon

Mensaje  Silver_Dragon Miér 04 Sep 2013, 16:51

Del foro fuso (google translator) Mil Mi-8
http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1858248&postcount=741
Once again I will explain more in detail . If we equally understand the concept of " level of implementation," then implemented all systems except: SARPP -12 , IFF , heating and ventilation , a recorder , shooting off flares , C- 13 ( removes the reticle when you click on the button combat ) .
While not work ( or until done ) :
- CB radikompas ARC -9
- HF radio core -1M
- Elektrosbrasyvatel ( bombs ) ESBR
- No bombsight right pilot OPB- 1p
- No guns
- There is no external load
- Arcade mode does not work .
The rest is all according to the AFM . Something modeled more deeply and very good. close to reality , something less deep.
Differences from MTV1 MTV2 :
No weapons systems , armor , tanks, polyurethane , minor differences cabin equipment. Main characteristics (except for the radius and distance ) - the same engines and automatic - the same . Systems - are the same (except for those mentioned above) . Actions in case of failure - the same .
Current versions of files guides pilot ( abbreviated as well as complete)
not yet available when you try to find them by clicking the Start button in Windows. Ready abridged versions Management Pilot in English, and the manual section on the Russian full - the unfinished version . The documents you need to look at ways :
\ \ DCS World \ Mods \ aircrafts \ Mi-8MTV2 \ Doc \
In the near future to complete the full manual.

Silver_Dragon

Mensaje  Silver_Dragon Miér 04 Sep 2013, 17:44

DCS: World - Página 3 1186908_631397473548811_1371817869_n

Silver_Dragon

Mensaje  Silver_Dragon Miér 04 Sep 2013, 18:59

DCS: WW2
http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=112649
Hello everyone,

We’ll be launching our kickstarter in about 24 hours, or, in the worst case, about 30 hours.

If you’re not sure about what DCS WWII: Europe 1944 is, please read the official announcement or join the discussion here.

There are a few very important points we’d like to make:

1. The project is at a very early stage.
Normally, video game development goes something like this. You go through some initial planning and discussion. You agree on budget and schedule, then begin the development. After some months, or maybe even years, you arrive at a playable mock-up or maybe a pre-alpha version. You announce the project, show what you have to the fans, and move forward.
With DCS WWII, we’re doing something different. We are in the very early initial design stage. If things were done the normal way, we’d be about six months away from an official announcement.
Why then are we doing this? Because we are not working with a publisher. When we looked at our budget and our schedule, we realized we’d be cutting it very close and we’d really need a bit more money and a bit more time to really do things comfortably. So we decided to go the kickstarter route. It should give us the freedom to really perfect our game; and perhaps even allow us to make a larger product if we manage to hit our stretch goals.
And so, we’re back to the main point. The project is very, very early. Normally we would not show it to the public at this stage.
We could wait six months and go kickstarter then – but then we’d lose the stretch goal option. If we don’t start on, say, a flyable B-17 today, if we wait six months to begin, then we delay its release by six months as well.
So, we know how the community lives to scrutinize every pixel and every word. So please keep in mind that things are not just WIP. They’re so far away from final, they’re all the way back at the other end. They’re “initial”.
Kickstarter changes a lot of things on our end, so please accept it as a change on yours. We’re showing you the project six months before we normally would. Please keep that in mind in all future discussion.

2. Kickstarter can fail.
Here’s how it works.
We are asking for a relatively minor initial sum on kickstarter which is needed to put in a few extra features and really polish and perfect the product.
We obviously need a large number of people to back the project to even hit the initial sum.
If you back the project, but over the course of the kickstarter campaign we fail to reach the initial goal, then the campaign fails and all the money is returned to backers. We the developers receive nothing.
However if we do manage to excite enough fans to back the project in the next 30 days, and we hit our initial goal, then this opens the road to the real meat of the campaign: stretch goals. All money raised will go towards development. If we manage to hit additional stretch goals, we will add a lot more exciting stuff to the project, most importantly new aircraft and new gameplay maps.
However that will require a significant community effort. Larger stretch goals will require thousands and thousands of backers; it’d require the equivalent of everyone who ever bought DCS: P-51 to come in with the purchase price they paid in the next 30 days and back our kickstarter to hit some of the larger stretch goals.
Possible? We hope so. But we’ll need help.

3. We need your help!
What we really need for our project to succeed is exposure.
If you back our project, please tell your friends about it.
Even if you cannot back our project, but are excited about it, tell your friends.
DCS WWII: Europe 1944 requires a large concentrated community effort to become successful.
If you are a journalist, please get in touch.
If you are a member of a flight sim community, please mention our kickstarter on your forums. If your friends have questions, send them here, or send us to them.
We only speak English and Russian. If you are a member of an international flight sim community, help us spread the word in your language!
Please help us get there. We cannot do it on our own!

Thank you very much. We, everyone, myself personally, are unbelievably excited about tomorrow. See you then!

Silver_Dragon

Mensaje  Silver_Dragon Miér 04 Sep 2013, 23:59

Video promocional del Belsimtek: Mil Mi-8
https://youtu.be/VF9dCMaa8M0

Silver_Dragon

Mensaje  Silver_Dragon Jue 05 Sep 2013, 00:19

Comunicado oficial ED:
forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=112658
PRE-PURCHASE “DCS: MI-8MTV2 MAGNIFICENT EIGHT”

DUXFORD, UK, September 4, 2013 – The Fighter Collection and Belsimtek now offer DCS: Mi-8MTV2 Magnificent Eight as a digital download pre-purchase for $49.99. Pre-purchase also provides access to early pre-release Beta versions of the title.

Pre-purchase DCS: Mi-8MTV2 Magnificent Eight here:

http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/shop.php?end_pos=1322&scr=shop&lang=en

DCS: Mi-8MTV2 Magnificent Eight is a highly realistic PC simulation of the Mi-8MTV2, a combat transport and fire support helicopter and an upgraded variant of one of the most widely produced helicopters in the world - the Russian Mi-8 (NATO reporting name ‘Hip’). Developed by Belsimtek and Eagle Dynamics, the team behind the hit title DCS: UH-1H Huey, DCS Mi-8MTV2 continues to deliver exceptional realism and immersive gameplay within the DCS World virtual battlefield.

The simulation features accurate modeling of all primary aircraft systems, avionics, and proper functionality of nearly all cockpit switches and controls. Flight and other dynamics are modeled using real-time physics calculations and carefully tuned using actual Mi-8MTV2 documentation and pilots deeply involved in development and testing. The result is not only the most realistic Mi-8 reproduction on the PC, but a comprehensive helicopter model that correctly presents complex dynamic effects particular to helicopter flight, such as: autorotation, vortex ring state (VRS), translational lift, hover in and out of ground effect, and many others.

You are placed in the cockpit of the Mi-8MTV2 to fly combat transport and support missions as the left pilot, right pilot or gunner. The helicopter can be armed with unguided rockets, gun pods, and on-board machine guns. In the transport role, a cargo of up to four tons can be carried internally or three tons on an external sling system to deliver and retrieve supplies in a wide variety of terrain and weather conditions. A series of single missions and a handcrafted, immersive campaign plunge you into the heat of battle in the DCS World battlefield of countless AI and a variety of player-controlled fighter and attack aircraft, helicopters, and ground units. Get online to play with or against other DCS players in a synthetic online battlefield.

A quickstart guide and interactive training help you get started quickly while the comprehensive Flight Manual details the helicopter’s systems and operational procedures. A wide variety of gameplay options allows each player to tailor their difficulty level as required.

Key Features of DCS: Mi-8MTV2 Magnificent Eight include:
Unmatched flight physics providing the most realistic and dynamic conventional helicopter experience on the PC
Multiple player positions, including pilot, co-pilot, flight engineer, and door gunner
Accurate and highly detailed 3D cockpit featuring six-degrees-of-freedom technology compatible with head-tracking devices
Interactive cockpit controls that allow you to operate systems using the mouse
Accurate modeling of the Mi-8MTV2 instruments, weapons, engines, radios, fuel, electrical, and hydraulic systems
Highly detailed Mi-8MTV2 external 3D model, liveries, and weapons
Accurate audio environment based on custom Mi-8MTV2 sound samples
Immersive, handcrafted campaign with a variety of transport and fire support missions
Training with interactive and video lessons
Multiplayer coop mode for crew members of the same helicopter under development for a later update
Developed in close cooperation with actual Mi-8MTV2 operators

Silver_Dragon

Mensaje  Silver_Dragon Jue 05 Sep 2013, 00:30

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=112658
DCS version 1.2.6 Change Log

Note: The open beta version was not ready in time for release.

DCS World
Added new anti-ship penetrating warhead for anti-ship missiles.
Increased Max G for the following missiles: R-60 (from 18 to 42), MICA (from 18 to 24), and R-40 (from 8 to 15).
R-27ET: Decreased rear hemisphere DLZ.
R-73: Corrected mass and thrust.
R-77: Corrected time, fuel flow and thrust.
SA-8 Osa: Increased range at low altitude from 6 to 8 km.
Corrected the lock on range of IR missiles.
Added Australia as a new country choice.
Renamed APA-50 to APA-5D.
Fixed error with coalition.addGroup()function.
Added a new 3D model for the B-8V20 rocket launcher.
Fog of War: Aircraft will no longer be visible on F10 map once it leaves line of sight of enemy units.
Added exhaust smoke to Kusnetsov aircraft carrier.
Kills are now tracked in the Log Book for Campaigns.
Engagement range of ground units has been adjusted.
Su-25T bomb Interval and Quantity are now working correctly.
Trigger GROUP DEATH will working with event ON DESTROY.
Fixed several SAMs ignoring the set "Alarm State Green".
Debriefing: Fixed event recording. This will also correct log book errors.
MiG-23 will now attack the moving ground target with rockets.
Many minor corrections in the game.
Wingman will report leader about enemy radar activity.
Multiplayer: Radio communications are now working.
Multiplayer: Debriefing window in the mission is now disabled for clients.
Multiplayer: Fixed several crashes.
New ambient sound system (sea, shallow water, fields, wind, g-breath effect).
Wind + turbulence sound depends on mission weather parameters.
New wingtip vortices, new touchdown smoke.

Flaming Cliffs 3 (A-10A: DCS Flaming Cliffs)
A-10A: Removed AAQ-28 TGP.
A-10A: Corrected standby compass showing wrong heading.
A-10A: Added PAC.
A-10A: HUD fixed pitch angle indicator jumping from -90 to +90, when standing still on the ground is fixed.
A-10A: Simultaneous engine start now working.
A-10A: Fixed AIM-9 air to air mode.
A-10A: Removed glideslope indication on the HUD.
A-10A: Fixed ADI yellow vertical bar.
A-10A: AoA indicator, indexer and AoA sound corrected.
A-10A: Fixed HSI outer needle.
A-10A: Added Stability Augmentation System (SAS).
Su-33: Corrected AoA indexer.
MiG-29 and Su-27/33: The vertical scan will not lock target automatically. Instead, player must press and hold the ENTER button to lock the target.
Added RShift modifier to Kneeboard next/previous page commands (conflicted with Ka-50 Shkval track gate size controls).
Su-25T: Removed targe diamond on the HUD.
F-15C: Fixed altitude hold when air to air refueling.
AWACS: Decreased the answer pause between picture requests.
Corrected some missions.
ATC now available for the Kusnetsov aircraft carrier.

DCS: A-10C Warthog
The engines will start after repair.
If PTR switch is set to STOW and back to ABLE the pitch steering bar may freeze is fixed.
A-10C. SAS and EAC switches fixed.

DCS: Combined Arms
Fixed multiplayer crash when land groups are assigned a route.
Added German CA Manual.
Smoke markers for controlled ground units are limited with 10 smokes at each color.
Input: Absent joystick commands restored.
HUD: Added cues of masking for line of firing by vehicle elements.
HUD: Added health points indicator.
MP missions replaced to MP folder.

DCS: Black Shark 2
Added RShift modifier to Kneeboard next/previous page commands (conflicted with Ka-50 Shkval track gate size controls).
Lighting night vision cockpit switch modifier moved to LCtrl to prevent conflict with Kneeboard ON/OFF key.
DCS: P-51D Mustang
Fixed no UNSAFE warning light and horn when throttle retarded.

Silver_Dragon

Mensaje  Silver_Dragon Jue 05 Sep 2013, 01:07

Heater ha decidido cancelar el projecto del F-104G (traducido con google translator)

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1858912&postcount=83
Hola a todos,
después de una cuidadosa evaluación, junto con el ED, decidí cancelar el proyecto DCS F-104G.

Las razones son muchas y variadas, que desea la difícil creación del código C + +, quiere cambiar las versiones continuas de los DCS, desea que la actualización continua de los plugins que alteraron los modelos 3D, texturas, materiales y así sucesivamente ... En definitiva, empezamos con un ambicioso proyecto, en la creencia de que tenía un poco de ayuda de los que nos habían ofrecido la oportunidad de crear el formulario, pero no nos dieron nada, sólo decepciones y después de la disolución completa del grupo de chicos que querían llevar el Starfighter dispuesto en DCS.
Quiero dar las gracias a todos por tener al menos intentado.

En este punto, espero que alguien más corre

Silver_Dragon

Mensaje  Silver_Dragon Jue 05 Sep 2013, 22:01

Ha salido la KickStarter de DCS WW2 Europe 1944, a grandes rasgos:
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/508681281/dcs-wwii-europe-1944
Flyable Aircraft:

Republic P-47D-28 Thunderbolt;
Supermarine Spitfire Mk IX;
Messerschmitt Bf-109K-4;
Focke-Wulf FW.190D-9 (from DCS: World);
North-American P-51D Mustang (from DCS: World).

Non-Flyable Aircraft:

Boeing B-17G Flying Fortress;
Messerschmitt Me.262A-1.

Landscape:

Normandy. Area of the historical D-Day Invasion, as well as the extensive preparation and follow-up battles.

Single-Player:

Training campaign for each aircraft;
Luftwaffe Fighter campaign (Bf.109);
British Fighter campaign (Spitfire);
US Ground Attack campaign (P-47).

Multi-Player:

Selection of missions for each aircraft.

Other:

Authentic ground vehicles, guns, and ships;
Authentic historical buildings and landmarks;
Regular content updates.

$100,000

Standard project features

$375,000

Everything at the previous level, plus:
A flyable Hawker Typhoon IB
A flyable FW.190A-5
Single-player campaign for the Typhoon
Single-player campaign for the FW.190

$550,000

A flyable Douglas A-26B-15 Invader
A flyable Messerschmitt Me.262A-1
Ardennes, new large gameplay map
Single-player campaign for the A-26
Single-player campaign for the Me.262
A Luftwaffe Fighter and a US Fighter campaign for the Battle of the Bulge.

$750,000

A flyable Lockheed P-38J-15
A flyable de Havilland Mosquito FB.VI
Single-player campaign for the P-38
Single-player campaign for the Mosquito

$1,000,000

A flyable Boeing B-17
A flyable Luftwaffe plane (Me 410 A or Ju 88, as voted for by the backers)
Romania, new large gameplay map
4 new single-player campaigns for the new aircraft and theaters
En este projecto esta Eagle Dinamics mas mas RRG Studios con todos los integrantes del antiguo equipo de il2: Oleg Maddox, Ilya Shevchenko e Igor Tishin.

Imagenes de EDGE en la kickStarted de WW2: 1944

DCS: World - Página 3 0ea8a38c31145b4c63b003d0f9d104d5_large
DCS: World - Página 3 0c69e19fc5e81592d9782e5bb95c7e6e_large
DCS: World - Página 3 318dcb930a19e2f0e3e4a1f0c7f19308_large
DCS: World - Página 3 06ffc39784778253e17ffc6017405996_large

si esto es lo que yo pienso.... ¿NEVADA?
DCS: World - Página 3 7ad38f4a334b326fb413908bacb817f4_large

Silver_Dragon

Mensaje  Silver_Dragon Vie 06 Sep 2013, 02:19

LLevan 6 horas y pasan del 12%
DCS: World - Página 3 Minichart

Silver_Dragon

Mensaje  Silver_Dragon Vie 06 Sep 2013, 22:02

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1862517&postcount=1
Attached are some images of the new Su-33 model coming to DCS World. You may also notice another improvement...
DCS: World - Página 3 1239459_633103386711553_739020637_n
DCS: World - Página 3 1184986_633103380044887_232113291_n
DCS: World - Página 3 999757_633103383378220_2026275792_n
DCS: World - Página 3 1239654_633103520044873_1118960047_n
DCS: World - Página 3 1000609_633103496711542_2129335278_n
DCS: World - Página 3 1238952_633103490044876_896038878_n
DCS: World - Página 3 1173655_633103600044865_1357738005_n
DCS: World - Página 3 1170744_633103590044866_758446162_n
DCS: World - Página 3 1239916_633103606711531_1853086664_n
DCS: World - Página 3 1233468_633103730044852_733642741_n
DCS: World - Página 3 1240051_633103740044851_442955544_n
DCS: World - Página 3 557490_633103760044849_1402963469_n

Silver_Dragon

Mensaje  Silver_Dragon Dom 08 Sep 2013, 13:07

Imagenes del trabajo 3D externo y cabina del RAZBAM: Mirage 2000C
DCS: World - Página 3 1185772_633780033310555_1386225228_n
DCS: World - Página 3 1185862_633780019977223_1472917323_n
DCS: World - Página 3 998477_633780029977222_193249706_n
DCS: World - Página 3 1176269_633780049977220_1601980212_n
DCS: World - Página 3 1231481_633780063310552_2091447099_n
DCS: World - Página 3 1233590_633780073310551_1352985748_n

Silver_Dragon

Mensaje  Silver_Dragon Dom 08 Sep 2013, 13:47

Nueva información de DCS: World WW2

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1863250&postcount=1053
Evening everyone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiThSpAwN View Post
Can you clarify the free flyables from the licensed ones, is there going to be free ones (or one like DCS World), it seems a little confusing right now...
FREE for everyone:
P-47
Spitfire
Bf.109K

Paid on release
P-51 (from DCS World)
FW-190D (from DCS World)

If you back at a $20 level, you can pick a P-51 or FW-190D.

If you back at a $40 level, you will have both.

If you already own a DCS World P-51 and/or FW-190, then obviously no one wants you to have to pay for anything twice.

If we reach stretch goals, then the story changes.

Free aircraft list will most likely not change.

Backing at $20 still gets you one of the larger variety of paid aircraft.

$40 or above still gets you ALL of the initial flyables.

None of the aircraft released in future updates are covered by any of this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mainstay View Post
I also want to ask Ilya to reconsider making a G serie along with the K. Either a G6/8 or 10 would be great.
I like the G. It's just we currently can only make one variant of the 109, and we picked the K as we have the best data on it.
I don't want to make empty promises or vaguely hint at something, but I really liked having multiple variants of the same plane in my older projects. The overall process is much simpler. Once we have the K, making the various Gs and maybe the F should be comparatively simple.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tintifaxl View Post
Don't know, if it has been posted already, but the 100 USD backing reward states: printed manuals for 2 planes, in the description it is only 1 manual.
The sidebar description is the most correct.

Sorry about the confusion. I'm still unable to edit the description, getting the limit reached error. I guess I'll just honor the bigger rewards in every case, and deliver the maximum or the combination of any two tiers with errors in descriptions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaelu View Post
I hope the map can be extended a bit more... we are used to 800+km across map .
We can extend the map to the entire globe, but manually adding detail will be extremely hard to do.

We can have all of England done for the map in virtually no time, but it'll be a general coastline filled with vague generic field.

It really makes no sense to spend time making British airfields if you only have AI bombers; a flyable B-17 will obviously need to have a nice-looking airbase to take off from and return to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by horseback View Post
The size of the map is a bit of a disappointment (expectations can be a biotch), but It looks like we'll get a territory reaching approximately from Cherbourg to Le Havre and a good bit south--assuming that my Google Earth distance thingie is accurate. Still, even in 1944, Normandy was a lot 'busier' than the Black Sea area, especially if they have to make time to create new landmarks, vehicles, buildings, ships as well as the aircraft flight models at the level advertised.
The way I understand EDGE - and I have to mention that there is a chance that I can be wrong here - is that we can take an existing map and just drag out the outer edges and extend it by any number of kilometers.

Creating generic terrain with a vague coastline and some elevation is not a huge task. Making it look good is. Making it historically accurate, i.e. recreating road networks, landmarks, etc, is a huge huge effort.

We could take our existing Normandy and tack on England and Paris and Ruhr and Berlin. Theoretically. It's just it'll either take many man-years to polish every square mile, or we'll end up with some empty generic filler across vast areas.

And THANK YOU to all the backers once again.

We'll have a new cool video released on Monday morning.

I'll be around until then to answer questions, so keep them coming!

Silver_Dragon

Mensaje  Silver_Dragon Lun 09 Sep 2013, 14:36

Mas información de WW2
http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1865971&postcount=1113
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tvrdi View Post
Luthier, One crucial question, which will decide me backing or not. Do you plan to make a collision model for trees. If not then ppl would use trees in mp to excape level chases. To hide. Its killing fun and is highly unrealistic. And if we turn off trees terrain will look ugly.
Let me be perfectly frank here.

I just cannot promise it at this time. All I can promise is that we will try.

I may have deja vu after my old project, where we've had quite a few instances of saying "we will do this" instead of a more semantically correct "we will try to do this", and where we eventually ended up not being able to deliver what we promised.

As it is today, EDGE is still being integrated with the rest of the game. That's precisely what's being done right now, today, having various game objects interact with terrain. Vehicles need to drive, planes need to collide, etc.

We're obviously extremely interested in having tree collisions. There's no gameplay or realism reason for why it should not be that way. The only reason why trees would not have collisions is performance.

There are obvious algorithms for making this work. There are also less obvious ones. We need to finish the programming, try things out, and make sure everything works well.

Need to point out that the people working on this are ED programmers. They're outside my control, and they obviously had absolutely nothing to do with any of my old projects.

This is why I personally cannot say with 100% certainty we will have tree collisions. My certainty is, let's say, 93.6%. This may be PTSD talking, but I don't think that's good enough for a promise, especially if your pledge depends on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishtmail View Post
As it stands now, there is some confusion.
One part of the description states that at 100k funding goal we get 5 airplanes (P51D and FW190 included), in another part it states that we get 3 airplanes.
Five airplanes total, three of them free.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mogster View Post
I don't really understand the business model at this point.

Giving 3 free DCS level planes seems a strange choice, unless the idea is to draw punters away from other products the initial release being really a loss leader. DCS isn't known for anything other than jets, the WW2 hardcore may take some drawing away from the IL2 series. Maybe this is Tishin's play for world flight sim domination.
This decision was based on gameplay considerations, not marketing or sales.

DCS World is based on decades of content. While there's only one free plane, there's tons and tons of other content that the player encounters, and there's a lot of fun to be had.

DCS WWII starts from scratch. We can't do all that much in the next year. If we were to release a free version of the game with a single flyable plane, there'd be significantly fewer options for the player.

We want people to enjoy themselves and really have a good, all-around complete product even in the free version.

I personally would be very uncomfortable releasing a bare-bones single-flyable free game. We still have to strong paid aircraft in the basic version, and we really hope that the influx will drive enough people to purchase the P-51 and the Dora to keep the series going.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furbs View Post
1. How will MP work? Coops/servers? how many players in a mission.
Same as DCS at least, and we're hoping to improve on it as much as we can.

Like I said in the kickstarter description, we really want to spruce up the MP, but we don't know how much we can do and how fast, so perhaps some major features will be added on later.

In other words, we have lots of strong opinions and a lot of plans, but it's way too early to talk about them. We'll only know what we can do in the process of doing it.

Quote:
2. How big is the map, ive heard 100/160km but is that just the detailed area with more less detailed map area around that, will there be a English coast?
100x160 for the detailed terrain, yes.

This is the current size of our WIP map.

We can extend it at any time but we have not done so yet.

I'm personally scared to include England because it really opens up a whole new set of tasks. I am very uncomfortable doing low-quality terrain, especially with all the great things EDGE can do given enough effort. I think we could be shooting ourselves in the foot by releasing low-quality poorly textured inaccurate England with a few major airbases.

In other words, I'm potentially open to the idea, but perhaps it needs a bigger discussion with the community. We might try to add on some England and show how it can be done quickly, just so it's there, and then ask and see if the majority of the players would rather have something like that, or have nothing at all.

Quote:
3. Can Paypal be added to the ways to pledge?
Sorry, we can't do anything with the kickstarter system. Whatever it supports, we'll take. Whatever it does not, we can't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xaoslaad View Post
You need to get some of that first days momentum back!
[IMG]http://forums.eagle.ru/attachment.php?

It's already looking eerily close to what happened to the F-35A, big contributions on day one and two then a trickle from there on out.
We do have a few more things up our sleeve. As a matter of fact, even with the slowed down pace the project is doing better daily than we might have hoped for. It's just that the first few hours were so unbelievably strong, that's making the current pace look bad in comparison.

We really do need to pick up the pace and really get the momentum going again if we really want to hit those stretch goals. A flyable B-17 is my personal dream. There's gotta be a way to get there somehow.

Quote:
First off, I am curious if the initially provided planes will be at DCS or FC level ?
I honestly can't see three planes at DCS level given away for free, but I'm asking to make sure.
Please excuse if this has already been explained, but it is impossible to remember every information in this giant thread.
Like I said above, this isn't just a kickstarter for the project. The project itself is supposed to kick-start a new WWII flight sim series.

We want to start it with a bang. So we really are doing three free DCS-quality planes. Yes.

Quote:
We get the Fw190D-9 as a full price module by ED, matter of fact.
If stretch goals are met, we then get a Fw190A-5 (I expect it to be a full price module too) by RRG.
Here, one could still argue those are fundamentally different planes (radial vs inline).

What if then, later on, it gets decided to do a Fw190A-5 1,65 Ata or any other version, whilst we already have the D-9 and A-5 ? !
Is this then expected to sell as another full price module too ?
Same with the various Bf109s and/or Spitfires ?!
I really hope that you'd trust the guys who give away three DCS-quality planes in order not to nickel and dime everyone not to nicked and dime everyone on another plane

We want to have a strong series, and we want to build a good relationship with our players. We are not against giving stuff away for free, as you see.

FW-190A and FW-190D are really very different planes. That's why we are putting them as two separate line items; please not that we have not released even a hint of the pricing structure for anything because we ourselves do not have it set at this time.

I personally only have a vague idea of some sort of a anthology pack for major aircraft that includes various important variants in a single purchase, with a heavy discount for the owners of the initial single-variant package. But like I said, we are nowhere near far enough in the kickstarter, much less the development process, to really have made any decisions about this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by klem View Post
Why do you want to model individual trees? Why not forest and hedgerow blocks, like single objects? I suppose one answer might be to allow vehicles to travel through forests but are we really interested in that? The Ardennes aside (January 1945) where you could perhaps use trees or clumps of trees, I don't see the need for them in an air combat simulator. Surely the compromise should be in ground vehicle operations rather than flight aspects.
We'd want to have individual tree collisions because in my experience with my older projects anything less is not precise enough.

When your wingtip passes through a tree with no effect, or you fly a foot away from a tree and explode, that's horrible. And that's what happens when your collision is too rough.

If we were to go with blocks of trees, that would really change the look of the terrain. We'd need to have all fields, all roads, all parks, everything, to be a multiple of the standard tree line width. You'd see that right away. The terrain would look horribly blocky, almost Minecraft-like.

So we really do need to have fine tree collisions for this to work well. They need to match the shape of the tree, otherwise the disconnect is extremely maddening. There's nothing more upsetting than flying in MP, inching closer to the kill at tree-top level, pulling a hard turn around a tree, and exploding even though the tree is over there, just because the collision is a little too coarse.

Anyway, back to video editing for tomorrow morning!

Silver_Dragon

Mensaje  Silver_Dragon Mar 10 Sep 2013, 11:54

WW2 ya supere el 50% (51.354$).

Nuevo ladrillazo de luthier, en este hay dos cosas interesantes, la primera, que esta pensando mover hacia arriba el B-17 y crear un detallado mapa de las costa sur inglesa (en plan de realizar misiones de bombarderos), y que trae los diferentes nuevos videos que se iran poniendo a lo largo del KickStarter (reconoce que el video tres devería haberlo colocado antes del segundo), aun asi los videos 3 y 4 en mi opinión serán los mas esperados por la comunidad:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1867547&postcount=1131
I'm starting to think we might need to shuffle things about a little bit.

We'll try to change the immediate next stretch goal, and make it a flyable B-17 and British airfields. Move all other stretch goal aircraft one tier up.

We'll talk this over and have a decision for you within a day or two.

Also going to work on adding some more attractive backer rewards.

Oh trust me, I'm very familiar with southern England Smile

--------

RRG does not currently have a dedicated AI programmer.

We could theoretically look into hiring one for this project, which would probably give us tons and tons of cool stuff over the course of the project, but I really don't know how to budget for that. We're already pretty far out there for a stretch goal. I'm kind of cautious about adding too many tiers or too many options. If I add, for example, and intermediate "improved AI" stretch goal, all as a part of all additional stretch goals, that might turn off some other people, and make it seem like the aircraft they really want are too far away.

ED has programmers too, of course. We however do not have a current plan for AI improvement.

-----------------

No clue at this point. (a una pregunta si la IA podrá ver a travez de las nubes en EDGE)

---------------

This new video is basically introduction part 2. Nick Grey is a hugely important part of this project, but it felt like putting him in the initial video made everything way too long.

It's also not about passion but about our relationship with TFC. This has immediate, direct, and unique impact on the product. We have access to the actual aircraft and the actual pilot. That's not sentimentality or small talk at all. These are the precise reasons why DCS: P-51 is the best prop simulation available today.

I have another talk video all put together, which I foolishly planned to release as video 3, but I realized the error of my ways while uploading video 2 this morning. Video 3 will be a detailed look at EDGE. Video 4 will be a detailed overview of aircraft modeling in DCS. Video 5 will be a video QnA, and then video 6 will probably be the thing I planned for Video 3.

I also have to point out that it's all just me. I write the scripts, I direct, I shoot, I edit, I release, I discuss. I don't have a marketing staff, anything like that. I'm learning as I go. Hopefully I can do enough to reach at least one stretch goal in the next 30 days. Please don't let the fact that I'm not a marketing professional or a filmmaker influence your opinion of myself as a game developer!

Silver_Dragon

Mensaje  Contenido patrocinado

Contenido patrocinado

Página 3 de 26. Precedente  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 14 ... 26  Siguiente