Alas Rotas
¿Quieres reaccionar a este mensaje? Regístrate en el foro con unos pocos clics o inicia sesión para continuar.

DCS: World

4 participantes

Página 5 de 26. Precedente  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 15 ... 26  Siguiente

DCS: World - Página 5 Empty Re: DCS: World

Mensaje  Silver_Dragon Vie 27 Sep 2013, 20:20

Bezcl comenta que despues del Mig-23, vendrá el Su-22M3

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1887652&postcount=31
Originally Posted by ijozic View Post
Would love that, but didn't the Hungarian Air Force operate Su-22M3 (export avionics variant of the Su-17M3), hence the variant which would get simulated?
Yes. you're right. After MiG-23 the next possible is the M3...

Silver_Dragon

Mensaje  Silver_Dragon Dom 29 Sep 2013, 13:59

Una imagen del manual desde el foro ruso. Segun Beczl muestra el procedimiento de funcionamiento del sistema RSBN para aterrizajes (Beczl confirma que esta implementado dentro de DCS:World)

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1889098&postcount=156
DCS: World - Página 5 1013125_643290789026146_1359676535_n

Silver_Dragon

Mensaje  Silver_Dragon Mar 01 Oct 2013, 21:52

Update 6 KickStarter DCS: World WW2 1944

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1891960&postcount=1
You've asked for it. We've discussed it. Now we're very happy to announce that we will be releasing the EDGE landscape engine SDK to Kickstarter backers.

The SDK can be used to create new landscapes for the DCS WWII project. It's an all-in-one tool that combines a 3D object library, texture manager, and a landscape editor. With a full 24-hour day cycle, options for multiple seasons and time periods on the same map, and industry-best level of detail, EDGE is designed for and tested by real pilots to ensure it meets the highest standards of realism.

Please note that the Normandy landscape shown in the video is an early mock-up using temporary stand-in objects,mock-up trees, and low-quality placeholder textures.

We're really hoping that the community can organize a concentrated effort to design and create one or more new landscapes for DCS WWII. With the amount of time we have before the initial release, it should be possible to have them completed for the day-one release of Europe 1944!

A more detailed look at the tools and the technical details of the design process will be released at a later time. The SDK itself should be available later this year. Please note that the SDK will be released to project backers only and / or will require a signed NDA to use.
https://youtu.be/rCauXtM1Gjk

Silver_Dragon

Mensaje  Silver_Dragon Miér 02 Oct 2013, 13:41

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1892527&postcount=2
DCS 1.2.6 Update 1 - Change Log

DCS World
Fixed crash when loading mission from a public server.
Fixed crash after jumping from aircraft during an "Autostart".
Fixed crash when try to lock ground target when using Easy Radar mode.
Fixed crash after collision of two aircraft.
Fixed crash when player gets close to column with delayed start.
Fixed crash after plane switches to glide path.
Kuznetsov ATC can now recover multiple flights without causing collisions.
Fixed IR pointer when using Combined Arms.
Corrected SSE: Empty Error message on coalition.addGroup().
Glide slope ring and К, Г marks for landing mode are now present for airfields with full Russian ILS system.
Restored Flight tasking commands when not in Game Mode. Attack air defenses: LWIN-D. Attack ground units: LWIN-G. Attack your locked target: LWIN-Q.
Fixed 'Value' in trigger 'Bomb in zone' trigger action.
Fixed missing text: "2, rolling" when starting taxi.
Corrected R-73 DLZ for AI. They should no longer launch outside their DLZ.

DCS: Black Shark 2
IT-23 symbology aspect has been corrected.
Fixed joystick commands for kneeboard.
Fixed missing target markers on Ka-50 Easy Radar.
Fixed simulator crash when loading standard arcade mission for Ka-50 when using Easy Avionics mode.

Lock On: Flaming Cliffs 3
Su-33 falling through the flight deck when landing on the carrier has been fixed.
F-15C and Su-33 unable to connect twice to tanker in network play has been fixed.
F-15C Tanker AP won't disengage when online has been fixed.
F-15C ADI LNAV "Jiggle" has been fixed.
Autopilot. ALTITUDE HOLD, BAROMETRIC OR RADAR ALTITUDE HOLD issues have been fixed.
Several A-10A switches have had their position set to on: PAC Switch, Inverter Switch, AC Gen Switches, Radar Altimeter Switch, Anti Skid Switch, Fuel Boost Pump Switch, and Engine Fuel Flow Switches.

DCS: Combined Arms
Fixed crash occurring when Targeting Panel of selected unit is viewed.
Keyboard input script has been corrected.

DCS: A-10C Warthog
Fixed tanker not completing refueling when in network play.

DCS: Mi-8MTV2
Corrected beacon light connection to electrical bus.
Fixed "floating" UV-26 indication textures.
Added "RI-65 is operative" voice message when turning on the VWS.
Implemented “Game Mode” flight model.

DCS: UH-1H Huey
Fixed M134 minigun fire audio.
AI UH-1H can now fire M134 minigun.
Fixed autostart.
Flexible sight line of sight is now controlled separately from view camera control.

Silver_Dragon

Mensaje  Silver_Dragon Miér 02 Oct 2013, 16:08

Q&A DCS: WW2 Terrain SDK

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1892163&postcount=43
Originally Posted by Cornbread View Post
OK, so, if the SDK is going to be released in about a month, does this mean the lid finally comes off with regard to the secrecy of EDGE technical features?
This is the landscape editor. All its features will indeed be revealed.

However the ability to compile the final map and to let tanks drive or planes fly over the new landscape will not be released out. So, many features that relate to the terrain's implementation within the game will not be a part of the SDK.
http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1892188&postcount=48
Originally Posted by empeck View Post
Could you elaborate a bit? What else will be needed to make new, fully functional map for DCS World/WW2? If SDK isn't enough, then what's the point of releasing it?
The point of releasing the SDK is so that maps can be made faster by the community than RRG can make themselves, without giving all the tools to make it functional. This will let them put more attention to the aircraft. Enough will be provided to make the land, but the final conversion process of it to let it plug into DCS/DCS WWII will be done by ED or RRG. This would act as quality control, which is in my opinion a good thing.
http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1892202&postcount=51
Originally Posted by White Owl View Post
Would it be possible to use this editor to expand the edges of an already existing map? I'm thinking of how much we want just a few airbases in Southern England. I'm thinking that maybe instead of creating a wholly new map, we could make the existing map larger.
A map in EDGE actually has real-world coordinated connected to a virtual globe. It has constraints.

You could create your own landscape project that borders an existing map.

Then you could just join the two projects together, and have them combined.

That's how, for example, you could join forces between multiple creators working on the same map. Just split it, then join it.

Theoretically you could do silly things like take Normandy, make Scotland, and make Ruhr, then join them together. You'd be able to take off from Scotland, climb, fly over barren nothing below, cross over pretty Normandy, fly over some more nothing, bomb a factory, and then go back home.
http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1892371&postcount=78
Originally Posted by SilentEagle View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong, but this would make it impossible for developers to test their creations in the simulator. That seems pretty counterproductive. As a developer myself, I find this part hard to understand. If the concern is an oversaturation of mediocre or "half-baked" terrains, why release the tools to all backers in the first place. Why not just just to those with serious interest and capability, such as how 3rd party development of aircraft is currently operating?

If a user wanted to create a free terrain or even one that was only used by himself, would he really need to have ED/RRG convert it for him. What about every time he wanted to make a change?
Guys, we have an SDK for a game that's not out yet.

Even if we were to release the EDGE source code as freeware, you'd be in the exact same boat. Build, create, compile, and then what?

Until you have at least the DCS WWII alpha, you have no game in which you can fly over your terrain.

We cannot release an even earlier build than our alpha.

The SDK comes with its own landviewer, which is the app in which I did all the footage in the latest vid. That's where you'll test your landscape.

I'm sure we'll have the outstanding questions resolved well before DCS WWII hits alpha. Once we have an official stance on commercial use of EDGE by 3rd parties, everything else will follow naturally.

With non-commercial use, we're obviously interested in having a large amount of user-made content. We're also a very small team and we can't be the quality control or the publisher for everything our users make.

The only reason to release an SDK is to help your product grow. No one on this side has any desire to be the bottleneck in that process.
http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1892402&postcount=84
Originally Posted by aaron886 View Post
Luthier, can you shed some more light on the purpose for restricting the SDK? Will this be specifically for DCS:WWII purposes, or will 3rd parties be able to create sceneries unbound by the WWII theme? I like what you're saying, I just want to see an improvement of the simulator as a whole.
Originally Posted by empeck View Post
SDK won't work with DCS: World? Lets say, wouldn't it be possible to make a tiny map for DCS: World? Like Corsica from the video or even smaller.
There's pretty much one game engine at this point.

What works in DCS WWII works in DCS World, at least on the developers' machines as of this very second.

You can theoretically create anything you want, but I really have nothing to do with DCS World as a product line.

The reason why we are talking about the SDK now, the reason why we're releasing it when we are, is DCS WWII specifically.

I personally am interested in garnering and supporting a large-scale community effort to create new WWII content. Here, my main goal is to make sure we have as many talented, dedicated people working on this as possible, and that they enjoy doing it and want to keep doing it long enough to finish the process.

If we just put hurdles in their path, prevent them from seeing their own work, or provide poor support, then this entire effort is wasted: me making that video, discussing this now, us making the effort to create the SDK for external consumption, future discussions with backers, writing tech specs, etc etc etc. There's no point in us doing any of that if we'll give you the kind of SDK that people play with for a while, shrug their shoulders, and go find something better to do with their time.

This I guess should be a more important point than any technical details. Not what we're doing, but why we're doing it.

Silver_Dragon

Mensaje  Silver_Dragon Miér 02 Oct 2013, 18:06

Ya esta disponible el sistema de PalPay para el KickStarter de DCS: World WW2 1944

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1892781&postcount=1
Good morning!

It seems to work.

www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/products/WWII/backer_paypal.php

If nothing explodes in a couple of hours, I'll do a wider more official post.

Silver_Dragon

Mensaje  Silver_Dragon Jue 03 Oct 2013, 14:05

Cambios en los requerimientos minimos de DCS: World, se deja de soportar sistemas de 32 Bits por los de 64 bits.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1893540&postcount=3
Also today, our official product specifications are as follows:

Minimum system requirements: OS 64-bit Windows Vista, 7 or 8; CPU: Core 2 Duo 2.0 GHz; RAM: 4 GB; Free hard disk space: 10 GB; Video: 512 MB RAM card, DirectX 9.0c - compatible; Sound: DirectX 9.0c - compatible; requires internet activation.

Recommended system requirements: OS 64-bit Windows Vista, 7 or 8; CPU: Core i5+; RAM: 8GB; Hard disk space: 10 GB; Video: Shader 3.0 or better; NVIDIA GeForce GTX560 DirectX 9.0c or better; Sound: DirectX 9.0c - compatible; DirectX: 9.0C; requires internet activation.

Of note, we no longer support 32 bit OS systems

Silver_Dragon

Mensaje  Silver_Dragon Vie 04 Oct 2013, 14:53

Update 12 DCS: World WW2:

Perhaps a little sleep deprived, DCS WWII lead developer Ilya Shevchenko answers some of the most important questions of the campaign and talks about why he's confident he can deliver on the promises made.

Please watch this video for an in-depth discussion of the project's inception as a leaner, cleaner design the team is confident they can deliver, and why the tasks that make up DCS WWII: Europe 1944 are inherently more stable than many other tasks that often are involved in game design.
https://youtu.be/KARx6C6Y4r8

This video took a lot longer to make than I anticipated, but I think it was very important to have this out before the campaign ends.

A question that gets asked perhaps more than any other is, are you sure you can pull this off? Can you keep all the promises you're making?

The answer is yes.

First of all, it is a yes because the alternative is unthinkable. Not delivering a product after a kickstarter campaign would not only be fatal to the developer's careers, it would also make them contractually obligated to refund the entire amount raised on Kickstarter to the backers. The team understands the risk, and has chosen Kickstarter as opposed to many other alternatives precisely because we are confident in our ability to deliver.

The project was designed from the ground up to be simple and lean. It's largely made up of three types of tasks: aircraft creation, landscape design, and mission and campaign design. All of these tasks are inherently more predictable than many other tasks often involved in game design. The feature list for DCS WWII was specifically chosen to contain as few risks as possible.

This way, the project plan is a matter of simple math. We can accurately estimate the amount of time it will take us to make the 3D models of aircraft and cockpits because we're not breaking any new ground here. We can accurately estimate the amount of time it will take to create new aircraft because most DCS WWII tasks follow the tracks laid down by DCS P-51. Looking over the blueprints and technical descriptions of all featured aircraft, we see no major tasks that have a serious risk of falling through or taking too much time and jeopardizing the entire project.

The landscape design is also predictable. We know exactly what needs to be done. All tasks can be estimated accurately because they follow preexisting examples.

Content creation, missions, campaigns, is again predictable. We are using the powerful DCS Mission Editor, a stable, established program, that again allows us to accurately gauge the amount of time needed for all tasks.

All in all, we know exactly what needs to be done. We can estimate all tasks with a high degree of accuracy. Kickstarter budget gives us a comfortable cushion to play test everything and correct any unanticipated problems we may encounter.

We are really looking forward to working with our backers, providing constant updates on the development progress, and watching this project take shape.

Please watch the video for an even more detailed explanation from the project's sleep deprived lead developer Ilya Shevchenko.

Silver_Dragon

Mensaje  Silver_Dragon Vie 04 Oct 2013, 15:09

L-39 update

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1895195&postcount=370
*Quick Update*

A lot of work has been going on lately, but I don't always find the time to update this thread with everything I would want to say.

Collision Model

The collision model was recreated from scratch with animation and visibility arguments and was tied to the damage list.

Each section you see here will affect the flight model should damage or loss occur to the piece. If the right wing is lost, a quick left roll will begin due to asymmetric lift. If the horizontal tail is lost, pitch control will be lost and the aircraft may pitch violently up or down. If the vertical tail lost, directional control is lost. Each piece, even individual gear or wingtip tanks, cause their own drag. Losing a canopy will affect flight control and cause massive drag increases.

DCS: World - Página 5 UuYiUud

Random Failures

Work has begun on simulating random failures. While I have an idea how I want these to work, I won't go into details, yet. However, I know that I would like you guys to have more control over which types of failures you are likely to see during your training or combat flights. Because the L-39 is a trainer aircraft, it seemed fitting to allow more control of these settings. While the instructor pilot in the rear seat will be able to fail instruments and electrical systems manually, some things like mechanical, hydraulic, and engine failures cannot be simulated.

Failures only occur when the Random System Failures option is set on in the MISC options menu. While each individual pilot sets these options for their own flights, they are also saved to tracks and missions and forced on clients to ensure fair play and robust tracks.

Sliders for failure rates will operate as follows:

0% = No chance of occurring
1% = (1/100)X of Normal Rate
50% = Normal Rate
100% = 100X Normal Rate

Here is a snapshot of the current options menu:

DCS: World - Página 5 0556maY

As you can see, you can choose whether to include a rear seat pilot or not. While this will show a physical model of the rear pilot, it will also add 80kg to your weight. This option may go away when multi-seat capability is possible in multiplayer.

New Wingtip Options and Other Visual Options

Let's face it! Not every L-39 is created equal. There are so many variations even within the C civilian model, with some owners modifying their aircraft to reduce their weight by that last ounce, or squeeze a little more top speed out of the jet by changing wingtip types.

We have new wingtip types that can be set by the skin creator in the description lua file through arguments. These changes are not only visual, but also affect the weight and drag of the aircraft, even improving roll rate in some cases.

Options the skin creator has available:
L-39 Variant (C or ZA) This option is included in the skin creation as our C and ZA model share the same model and certain features are activated by this argument
Civilian Variant (Civilian, Aerobatic, Racer) C model can choose performance with this argument
Wingtip Type: Tanks, Sculpted, Curved Winglet, Double Winglet (Changing to another wingtip type will improve speed by about 25 km/h and lowers weight on the tips of the wing by 32 kg)
Rear Seat (Turning off the rear seat will make it visually disappear, but it will also save 85kg of weight)

Currently, we are only showing the sculpted wingtips:

DCS: World - Página 5 3V9VY3D

There is a lot more development not mentioned here, but I thought this would keep you guys up to date.

Silver_Dragon

Mensaje  Silver_Dragon Vie 04 Oct 2013, 15:57

En el futuro, habrá posibilidad de cambiar los controles en vuelo mediante un nuevo editor

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1894716&postcount=52
In-mission control input manager is currently in testing.
DCS: World - Página 5 1264310_645644598790765_666305237_o

Silver_Dragon

Mensaje  Silver_Dragon Vie 04 Oct 2013, 16:15

T-2 Update:

https://www.facebook.com/Metal2Mesh.Development
Update

Working on the T-2 for DCS, Ron and myself are focusing on the exterior model.
DCS: World - Página 5 1375801_556515381087335_463484390_n

Silver_Dragon

Mensaje  Silver_Dragon Vie 04 Oct 2013, 16:32

Mig-21Bis Facebook Update:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/DCS-Mig-21Bis/515416408503951
Still VERY much Work in Progress!
DCS: World - Página 5 1237441_591568060888785_1302667836_o

Silver_Dragon

Mensaje  Silver_Dragon Vie 04 Oct 2013, 19:58

A los interesandos, uso del RSBN y sistema de aterrizaje rusos (en ruso) gracias a Beczl

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1776845&postcount=296
About RSBN and navigation (Landing) Unfortunately it's Russian.. http://www.scilib-avia.narod.ru/Landing/Landing.htm

Silver_Dragon

Mensaje  Silver_Dragon Dom 06 Oct 2013, 13:26

DCS: WW2

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/508681281/dcs-wwii-europe-1944/posts/619741
We did it! Thank you backers! The Kickstarter Campaign is a success!
What a wonderful Saturday morning! We really pulled through in the last couple of days and we did absolutely awesome!

Current total:

Kickstarter: $158,897

PayPal: $5,436.39

GRAND TOTAL: $164,333.39

We'll be shutting down the paypal page in a few minutes to coincide with the end of the kickstarter campaign.

Please watch my celebratory video that talks about what happens next.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFoBYmDegsE

Quick summary:

1. Your rewards. I have to tally all Kickstarter and PayPal backers into a single database. Then we have to create a web interface for you to access backer-only content. Kickstarter by itself is no good since it leaves all PayPal backers out. There will also need to be an interface for your reward management.

It's a bit of a project, so we probably won't have it ready for a little while.

In the meantime, the only reward that can go out right away is the DCS World P-51.

If you have selected a reward tier that specifically lists the P-51, you'll be receiving your product keys via email next week.

Otherwise, the process will be completely manual for now. I'll do a backer-only update in a little while that describes this process in more detail.

2. We'll keep on working on the project as previously scheduled. We are adding the Me.262 cockpit to our task list. It'll be done by the same wonderful duo of German cockpit experts that built the FW.190D-9 and Bf.109K cockpits.

3. We will be posting regular backer-only, and slightly less regular open development updates. We'll keep you updated on our aircraft and landscape.

4. The landscape SDK! We can start a dialogue even before the SDK itself is available. Obviously, the most ideal situation that I see is that the community forms a core group of landscape designers that will, with developer support, create more landscapes for Europe 1944. Again, please stand by for a separate more detailed discussion on this.

5. The main priority for the team however is delivering a good game to backers with the features we've listed. We will work very hard to have our alpha available next year. Once that's out, we will most likely open another campaign either on kickstarter or on our own site for more additions to DCS WWII: Europe 1944. I know that a lot of people really want the flyable B-17. I think it's the most logical next step for this product, but of course we have plenty of time for discussions.

We will definitely discuss every single aspect of any future campaign with our backers before launching it.

Silver_Dragon

Mensaje  Silver_Dragon Dom 06 Oct 2013, 14:01

DCS: WW2

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/508681281/dcs-wwii-europe-1944/posts/619858
Update #16 Oct 5, 2013
Landscape Development Update - October 5, 2013
29 comments Unlike 36 likes
Hello everyone,

Here's where we are with Normandy. We haven't made any drastic changes this week, it's just progressing along the same lines. We're playing a bit with the landscape mesh and adding lots of small details such as brooks, little bridges, and so on. Also playing a bit with colors, as you'll probably notice, and adding some detail to landscape textures.

We're also working on something really cool which, to my knowledge, has never been done before in a flight sim.

The terrain can have multiple, potentially limitless, number of states that define virtually everything. What does that mean? It means we can have the early 1944 Normandy with Pointe du Hoc still intact. We can have the D-Day Normandy with bomb craters all over the coast, floodgates open, and some of the landing areas flooded. We can have the post-invasion Normandy with flooding receded and lots of new Allied airfields.

That's what we're working on right now. And actually, here comes out first request. We know what was flooded by the Germans for the invasion. However, we can't find any references on how it was dealt with. Can anyone provide some more info? What would you see on June 7, June 8, June 9?
DCS: World - Página 5 185f20d7d4a60bfecf22558e8773fa06_large
DCS: World - Página 5 Be43a5073db878b30c4cb1627524cee0_large
DCS: World - Página 5 655b26873cc519d967427b4cf877dea3_large
DCS: World - Página 5 155bddfbcc6007614ac2253629e5d2ba_large

Silver_Dragon

Mensaje  Silver_Dragon Dom 06 Oct 2013, 15:46

Desde el foro ruso, se indica que estan trabajando sobre las nuevas cabinas 6DoF de Mig-29 de FC3 (traducido Google).

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1886764&postcount=427
Las cabinas de MiG pronto será cambiado por completo.
http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1888576&postcount=436
¿Ambas?
Sí, hay tres.

Silver_Dragon

Mensaje  Silver_Dragon Lun 07 Oct 2013, 22:54

Mig-21Bis Update #8

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1898577&postcount=1

DCS MiG-21Bis NewsFlash - Issue No.8

External Model

Rudel still working on the exterior model UVW and texturing. Now he placing thousands of rivets for the full '21 experiance. More pics and info can be found here: http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?...59&postcount=1

Cockpit

Razbam-Cobra is finished the new cockpit, now he's working on to port/test it into the game and very soon he will create a video how it looks like in the game.

AFM

At coding side Dolphin and Roland working on the radio as the last system to be implemented. With this last system finishing our code migration so moving to c++ allowed us greater control over implementation, and as a result our already complex base received a general overhaul. After Radio is finalized we will start final bugfixing and test than we reach internal beta.

AFM + Coding

Not significant changes on the roadmap. Later on we should post the possible schedule of our project remaining actions.

Others

Diveplane working on the MiG-21 sound creation. Here it is an early wip progress video of the engine samples completed and mixed beautifully ingame, authentic Tumansky R-25-300: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STKeISATc28
http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=1898559#post1898559
Afternoon pilots! Big update today; for me at least.

Between Newsflash 7 and 8 a lot has changed on the model with regards to accuracy and how the damage model works within ED's engine.

The entire time spent creating the three 3D meshes for just bullet damage, has been scrapped. Although time wasted, the best part is knocking of nearly 80,000 polys to free up space for more detail in other areas.

DCS: World - Página 5 556831_647261935295698_1087582437_n

As such, UV & texturing has begun. While I was laying down panel lines a lot of areas were not matching up. I took the opportunity to reshape the landing gear doors. A small glitch came about using the bomb-racks. They interfered with the gear doors. The team came up with a solution to use custom arguments to set slotted or non-slotted gear doors based on the payload you choose. Proper holes and framing were added as well.

The landing lights are now in the correct locations and resized. Detailed hinges were added along with a new light holder shape based on real photos.

DCS: World - Página 5 1238167_647261858629039_984424702_n
DCS: World - Página 5 1384373_647261835295708_1995440422_n
DCS: World - Página 5 1383610_647261725295719_1911212338_n

The external model's HUD has also been cleaned up.

DCS: World - Página 5 1383066_647261678629057_1462106911_n
DCS: World - Página 5 1390677_647261568629068_295775833_n

And now what most of you have probably waiting for! Do keep in mind, these are still very much WIP with no Normal or Spec mappings. The best part once it's finished, is that I just practically copy it to the right wing and change the weathering.

DCS: World - Página 5 72648_647261585295733_664037695_n
DCS: World - Página 5 1234522_647261625295729_1508777674_n

Silver_Dragon

Mensaje  Silver_Dragon Mar 08 Oct 2013, 00:42

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=109055
Bo-105 update MOD
Update 07.10.2013
Small Update on the stick. Sorry again for the lack of update. Thanks for your patience
DCS: World - Página 5 1375093_647284831960075_1870973764_n
DCS: World - Página 5 1374119_647284821960076_278354269_n

Silver_Dragon

Mensaje  Silver_Dragon Mar 08 Oct 2013, 01:05

RAZBAM news
http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1898699&postcount=107
Ok guys, Ron Zambrano here, head of RAZBAM:
1st of all, all announcements regarding new projects, cancellations or things in the same nature, if you didn´t read it coming from me, it´s a rumor, or a missunderstood statement.

2nd, the A-7 is not on "ice", or on hold, it is on the development list. we can´t discuss development priorities without breaching our NDA agreement. There are some development issues that prevents projects like the A-7 to be properly created for DCS. But the aircraft will be developed period.

Harriers are on schedule, but be advised, that we changed from the Av-8B PLUS to the GR7/GR9 model as our initial Harrier release, we might squeeze in the AV-8B Night Attack version, BUT, we are getting our sea legs with trainers and doing incremental releases avionics wise.

So far, what we got on track and moving are the T-2 Buckeye (USN C version, and D & E export versions) with AFM, since there is no reason for a T-2 without realistic flight model since Every jet-qualified Naval Aviator and virtually every Naval Flight Officer from the late 1950s until 2004 received training in the T-2 Buckeye, a length of service spanning four decades, that means, Hornet pilots and it´s the perfect tool prior to DCS (ED´s) F/A-18 Hornet.
The next project will be the M2000C developed by Tim Taylor´s Metal2Mesh company and marketed and coded for DCS by RAZBAM, probably, by the same time, you´ll see the Texan II in both versions and then you´ll see a Harrier Package IF (big IF here) things change, we´ll post changes here, meaning that the F-15E could be moved forward, or the A-7 or any of our other DCS projects under the shades
Thanks for your time
Best regards
Prowler

Silver_Dragon

Mensaje  Silver_Dragon Mar 08 Oct 2013, 09:51

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=1898816#post1898816
Three low light shots from the Nevada map.
DCS: World - Página 5 1381248_647447455277146_505688574_n
DCS: World - Página 5 1394453_647447478610477_1455994500_n
DCS: World - Página 5 1380569_647447438610481_464103038_n

Silver_Dragon

Mensaje  Silver_Dragon Mar 08 Oct 2013, 16:58

DCS: W 1.2.6 Update 2

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1899257&postcount=4
We have released an update 2 to DCS version 1.2.6.18933. Please use the auto updater and Module Manager as primary tool for updates and module installation.

DCS 1.2.6.18933 Update 2 Change Log

DCS World
Fixed a crash caused by AI in certain conditions.
Fixed crash caused by fullscreen mode failing to initialize when using multimonitor presets (fall back to windowed mode in case of fail).
Multiplayer. Fixed client crash caused by AWACS being killed.
Kh-22 missile 3D model corrected.
Su-25T. Laser Rangefinder doesn't turned OFF when Route mode selected is fixed.

DCS: A-10C Warthog
Fixed crash caused by Mission Prepare.

Flaming Cliffs 3
F-15C. Extra chaff loading has been corrected.
F-15C. Fixed Navigation Mode not updating after aerial refueling.
Fixed Kuznetsov aircraft carrier ATC not providing permission to take off.
Corrected position of smoke outlet of smoke generators.
Su-27. Sorbcya ECM pod 3D model - Fixed navigation light position.
Su-27. 3D model - Fixed canopy texture issue.
Su-27. Adjusted landing gear light cone.
Su-27. Fixed bug with tail numbering for Su-27 "Air Force Standard" scheme.
Su-27. Corrected landing gear animation.

DCS: Mi-8MTV2 Magnificent Eight BETA
Corrected upper blister sections of the cockpit 3D model.
Updated animation of radio channel selectors.
Added animations for the RI-65 voice warning system control panel.
Added thumb button to the rotor brake lever.
Added wheel brake lever to the cyclic control handle.
Adjusted wheel brake sound.
Added bomb release command (B) to the default input profile.
Fuel shut off valves defaulted to off during cold start.
Corrected armament keys for joystick.
Corrected altimeter pressure limits.
Fixed audio volume adjustment when opening/closing blisters.
Removed audio volume adjustment when opening/closing fuselage door.
Fixed camera position issue caused by multiple presses of the Flight Engineer position command.
6 DOF now works correctly when switching to the right pilot position.
Corrected operation of dust protection device heating, engine heating.
Added rudder trimmer option.
Circuit breakers. Common turning-off functionality for auto-stop.

DCS: UH-1H Huey BETA
Fixed sticking commands in the left pilot position.

Silver_Dragon

Mensaje  Silver_Dragon Miér 09 Oct 2013, 18:30

RAZBAM T-2 Update

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1900447&postcount=62
Another quick update for you guys.

Engine Model - Looking really good and happy with it so far but definitely needs a more detailed evaluation. I've got engine startup and shutdown logic implemented and also pretty satisfied with how it looks so far. The engine model probably has more complexity in the modeling than the aero model. Simple fuel model coded up and more fidelity is being added to it this week.

I'm really excited about the engine model and how it can be quickly modified to fit any turbine type engine with minor modification (turboshaft, turbofan, etc..). If you guys want any more details on how it works I'd be happy to do a small write-up.

Flight Model - Not a whole ton of changes, working to add in dynamics of the actuators based on hydraulic pressure and electrical power status.

Landing Gear Model - More improvements made, looking better each day

Cockpit/Systems Integration - I have a ton of new stuff unit tested and integrated into the cockpit code (sensors, controls, indicators, etc...) once we have an updated cockpit model with more of the needles and switches animated we should have some cool stuff to show.

It's definitely coming together, the next major tasking for the upcoming weeks is the fuel, hydraulics, and electrical models and continuing cockpit integration alongside that.

I know the other guys are hard at work on upgrading the cockpit model and making a completely new external model so a ton of new things coming along!

Silver_Dragon

Mensaje  Silver_Dragon Miér 09 Oct 2013, 19:28

Ya tiene su tiempo, pero es un update sobre EDGE de luckybob9, pero no das una idea de lo que se mueve

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1309493&postcount=1
Get you fix of Nevada screenshots:
http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=1309446#post1309446

NOTE: None of this is 100% official. This is me helping you putting information into one spot.

What is EDGE?
EDGE, dubbed internally, Eagle Dynamic Graphic Engine, is a new Image Generator (IG) built from the ground up that allowed for numerous benefits to the DCS environment.

What is the Image Generator (IG) people keep mentioning?
An Image Generator (IG) is another way of describing what EDGE is. Image Generator (IG) is a generic term for something that generates the images on your screen. EDGE a self coined term by c0ff to describe the Image Generator (IG) and is simply an acronym.

When will EDGE be released?
Since EDGE is built from scratch, it will take time to incorporate all the elements that are needed to make it playable at acceptable frame rates.

What are the benefits to EDGE?
· EDGE allows for Direct X 11 support
· Dynamic shadowing of the terrain and mountains
· Clipmap support
· Higher object count
· Higher resolution ground terrain mesh
· More detailed tree models
· Better graphical effects
· High resolution road textures
· Ability for road signs and light signals
· Additional ground clutter (rocks, cactuses, etc.)

Will the Black Sea map in its current form work with EDGE?
No. Since the technology behind EDGE is dramatically different, down to the tools that create it, terrain needs to be built with the EDGE benefits in mind. This is a HUGE undertaking and not an easy task to redo something.

Are there maps in progress that take advantage of EDGE?
Yes, the first map to take advantage of EDGE is Nevada.

How far along is the Nevada map?
It has been stated that the Nevada map is mostly done but work remains to finish the underlying EDGE engine.

If the Nevada map is mostly done, why not post some screenshots to the community?
EDGE is the underlying core of the Nevada map. If EDGE is in a state where it is not capable of running or showing off its potential, (bad frames, no anti-alisting/ ‘jaggies’, etc), screenshots might not be possible.

How big is the Nevada map?
There is no official distance/ surface number, but it has been said that it will include Las Vegas, Groom Lake, Nellis, Lake Mead, and Hoover Dam.

Will EDGE/ Nevada cost anything?
EDGE is rendering engine, so no. It has been stated that the plan is still for the Nevada map to be free for users who pre-ordered DCS: A-10C Warthog beta.

So what will Nevada cost if I did not pre-order?
See Below

How will I switch between maps?
When creating a new mission, the authors can specify what map to use. This feature is already implemented but there is only the current map.

Typical questions that do not have answers:
Will trees be collidable?
What is the size of the Nevada map?
Are the creation tools going to be made available to the public?
What is the cost of Nevada if I did not pre-order DCS: A10C?
When will new screenshots be posted?
When will it be released?

---

June 2013

Work On New Rendering Technology Continues

The new Image Generator (IG) technology is currently in development and will be introduced to DCS World when it is ready. Elements of the new IG include:
- More detailed terrain.
- Better graphical effects
- Dedicated server
- DirectX 11 support
- Skeleton animation for infantry

---

A few items to reiterate:

1- Much of the Nevada map is done, but aspects of it could certainly change between now and release.

2- The original effort was done by a third party, but for various reasons, that effort did not work out and the Eagle team basically had to re-start it from scratch.

3- Due to the massive number of ground objects, elevation mesh detail, and texture sizes, a new image generator (IG) had to to be created in order to run it at more than single digit frame rates. Creating a new IG is a huge undertaking and it takes a lot of time. More so than anything else, this has been the reason behind the delay.

4- There has been no change in our plan to make this map available for free to those that purchased the A-10C beta.

5- Given the nature of the map, I would imagine that most missions will revolve around training, but certainly large Red Flag type campaigns are also possible.

6- We have no ETA at this time.

When there is a change to any of the above, there will be official news of it.

Silver_Dragon

Mensaje  Silver_Dragon Miér 09 Oct 2013, 19:56

Hawk update

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1899081&postcount=814
Dev Diary update time.

Last night we released a patch to the public alpha testers with a few tweaks, a few bug fixes and have started to implement the fantastic audio from Diveplane.

Here is the change log:
* Added logic to detect start state (cold ramp/hot ramp/air start).
* Flap indicator
* Whiskey compass: added magnetic dip, acceleration error
* Tied custom canopy to ED canopy
* Fuel gauge now displays DCS total fuel state
* Re-worked ADI precession errors and tightened them up
* Re-worked ADI acceleration errors
* Re-worked navigation needle behavior
* Added audio for gyros, fuel pump and GTS (WIP)
* Resolved the FPS hit bug

We'd like to thank all of the public testers for their valuable feedback during this test period.

Work on the damage model is ongoing by Crow and you guys are going to love the work he's doing. We're not going to show it off but leave it as a surprise.

Derelor has stepped up to the mantle and is going through our flight manual and quick start manual to correct any grammatical errors. Thanks again very much to him for doing this.

We currently don't have a "launch" date as a few things still need to happen behind the scenes and ongoing work on the module. However; as soon as we're closer to knowing the date, you will be the first to know.

Thanks,
Chris.
http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1900529&postcount=816
been given permission to go puplic on the DCS Hawk audio production.
progress is going very well , these videos below are very early wip audios of the hawk
adour engines air distortions , and some weapon sounds.

again they are very early wip and subject to change.

adour engines air distortion internal
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ChLTLy5TSKg

external engine audios
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9cHyZjlQA4

weapons video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVANkYdqmuk

thx all enjoy.

Silver_Dragon

Mensaje  Silver_Dragon Miér 09 Oct 2013, 20:38

Nevada update.

DCS: World - Página 5 1385537_10153387790290341_1155257481_n